Sunday, January 09, 2011

A Minute to Win it Christmas Eve

We had a great Christmas EVE!!
Schedule of events:

10:00-11:00 Family Decorate Christmas Cookies
12:00-3:00 Last minute errands and pick up take-out
4:00 Daddy takes the boys last minute shopping
Mommy prepares house for Christmas Eve Celebrations
5:30 Family Delivers Christmas Cookies
6:30 Dinner: Panda Express on Christmas paper plates (I'll never go back)
7:00 Christmas jammie unveilings
7:15 ...3...2...1....begin! Minuite to win it games!!



Perfect Jammies for everyone! (maxwells say :"I'm a crack-up")

Before this point we played:
"Hanky panky" and maxwell rocked it!!
With the empty tissue box empty: "Jingle in the Trunk" Cody did it in about 5 seconds so I think there was an error in the set-up.
Bentley then took his turn at it and refused
to take the tissue box off for the remainder of the night.

Next: "Christmas Ball Conveyor", executed by Cody and Maxwell!
They did a pretty good job and got one ball the correct way all the way to the tree.
We did use the plastic candy canes so i don't know if that's cheating but it was fun! I did it and then everyone else tried... it is pretty tricky!
Face the ginerbread man. This one is just how it looks... Starting the gingerbread man cookie on the forehead you inch it down to your mouth with ONLY facial movements.
The boys did pretty good, on the second try cody got it like a champ...
one of the benefits of being the photographer is that my photo wasn't taken at this time but I have to say I mastered it!

(Bentley:"This is weird...")
I'm sure you can imagine what happen to bentley's cookie with in his minute time line :)
Here's Bentley still running and climbing everywhere with his tissue box strapped to his bum... he LOVED it!
The Boys did a great job with "Extreme Christmas Nutcracker" having to stack 6 bolts on top of each other using only a candy cane to balance and place.
We tried to get video but failed, so we have no photos.... Bryant did a pretty good job and was a good sport to try the "Rudolph Scoot", where you have to get a red pom pom to stick to your petroleum jelly covered nose.


This was a very successful Christmas eve! We loved it!
It was very fun to have structured activities to make memories with!!
I've tried a few other things other years and this was a favorite... it might just have to become the tradition! The boys LOVED IT!!!!



6 comments:

Erin Dooley said...

We LOVE minute to win it! So fun!!!

Kaela said...

How FUN!! What a great idea!!! Love your takeout tradition too :d How do you get those candy canes balancing so easily? When I saw it on minute to win it I was amazed and wondered how ANYONE did that!! SO glad you guys had a merry christmas eve!

Mel said...

I love those ideas!! So fun! :)

meg said...

fun idea. that picture of bentley with the cookie on his face is Priceless. So cute.

aubreyannie said...

ah! i love this idea so much. you are so much fun!!

Gramy Lynda said...

Can I say I have looked at these pics several time and this time I had tears i my eyes! So adorable! I so miss you all!!Loves GLabrum